If you want to swap your ERC20 coins(tokens) to be Mainnet coins, you should do the token swap. This article is the tutorial for that.
What’s TOKEN SWAP
A token swap is a process that we want investors to transfer their cryptocurrency from Ethersum to our own blockchain at a predefined rate.
In the beginning, the CPChain team created our ERC20 cryptocoins in the Ethereum chain for our ICO. Then at 2019/06, we have developed and published our main blockchain. The investors of CPChain who hold ERC20 coins should swap their coins to the Mainnet, because the development of CPChain in the future will all use the coins in the Mainnet rather than ERC20 coins.
Like RNode, if you want to mine blocks to get income, you should deposit 200k CPC to the RNode contract. If your coins still are ERC20 coins, you couldn’t become RNode.
How to swap your tokens
The steps of TOKEN SWAP as below:
- Transfer ERC20 CPC tokens to the burn address(0x472C28142801F4648669df6f3D90138a15614fa0) in your Ethereum wallet, you can use Metamask or imToken or other secure Ethereum wallets. This step is very important, we suggest you check the burn address first. The best way is to test first with a few coins.
- Download CPC-Wallet App, you can download our wallet from Apple App(just available on iOS) Store, Google Play, and just Android APK, you can scan this QR code to download.
- Import your Keystore to the app. Please do not import the wallet with your mnemonic(keyphrase), because the parameters of the algorithm are different from Ethereum.
Wait a few days, we will swap tokens every Friday, you will see your coins in your wallet and the explorer.
- Why we have swapped the coins, but my balance is zero?
First, please check the burn address if it is right. Second, check the address in your wallet if it is the same as your Ethereum wallet. Third, whether you have waited more than 7 days. If you still have problems, feel free to contact email@example.com.
2. Why my address in the wallet is different from the Ethereum wallet?
If you imported the wallet with your mnemonic(keyphrase), your address would be wrong, because the parameters of the algorithm are different from Ethereum. So, please use Keystore rather than keyphrase.
3. How to get my Keystore from mnemonic(keyphrase)?
You can use Metamask or imToken or other secure Ethereum wallet, all this can export your Keystore.
4. Is there a deadline?
There is no deadline now, we will support until all ERC20 have swapped.